Recently I explained how I organize my scrapbook paper by collection As I was going through my paper stash to write this post, I discovered two collections that were quite dated: The "DIY Shop" (2012) and "Portrait" (2011) collections by Crate Paper.


Another paper pad that needed to be used up was another by Crate Paper. In this stack were papers from the "Storyteller" collection.  

Because these collections are similar, I decided to mix them together, take the best from each to make some layouts, then recycle the rest.  

Yes. Recycle. 

It is time to set them free. 

From these papers, chipboard, and ephemera, I put together this double page layout from a homeschool trip to the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin, Texas.  

Left-hand page



One thing that I take extra time to do is to include a full summary of the trip. While the photos tell the story, it isn't always easy to remember details years later of what was experienced from the short caption by the photo. For this page, I went back and found the exhibit information (this visit was in 2015) on the museum page and use that to write the background for the photos.


I typed, printed, and matted it before adding to the layout.

Right-hand page


What collections do you have in your stash that you can combine and make new layouts? 

Like these layouts? Pin now to make later!



0 Comments