With Shelter-At-Home continuing, scrapbooking has given me an excuse to hide away in my office/craft room to have some alone time. In the past, I used to do more 12" x 12" layouts, whereas now I do more pocket and journaling scrapbooking.

A sample page of 12" x 12" pocket scrapbooking.

Needless to say, I have accumulated quite a stash of 12" x 12" patterned paper since I started pocket scrapbooking four years ago. There were so many beautiful themes from favorite companies that I continued to buy, but only so much paper can be used for pocket scrapbooking! Since staying home, there has been more time for me to go through photos, print the best ones, and create more layouts to empty that paper stash.

How I Store My Paper:


When I store scrapbook paper, I tend to keep the patterned paper and accessories together by collection, rather than by color or theme. A type of filing system seems to work for me.

My IKEA bookshelf with colorful Target bins.


Collections are stored together in a cellophane or vinyl bag (the Hefty 2.5 Gallon storage bags are perfect for this), which includes any coordinating embellishments and ephemera, making it easier to "grab and go" when I am ready to use it for a layout. 


To make collections easier to flip through, they are filed upright in the bin.  

This system has helped me to use up a collection quickly and move on to something new. Any full sheets from a collection are transferred to another stack of miscellaneous for something else in the future.

In the past, there was a tendency of mine to collect pretty paper, unique embellishments, and cool ephemera from different collections. Remembering what I had in my stash to grab for a layout was the problem I always encountered. When I buy things by collection and file them together, I find that I will use more of the items I purchase, resulting in more complete layouts.

What "filing system" do you use for your scrapbooking stash? What have you found that works best for you? 

0 Comments