To get ready for Valentine's Day, I decided to try making a new wreath for my front door, using mesh and items from Dollar Tree.

Mesh wreaths are quite popular and there are many tutorials online for making mesh wreaths, but one I can recommend is from Ben Franklin Crafts on YouTube 

Materials I used:

-- Round wireframe, 2-1/2" wide decorative ribbon, 1-1/2 wide decorative ribbon, heart pick from Dollar Tree; 
-- One roll red mesh and red pipe cleaners from Walmart;
-- White mesh, white "V" wood initial from my personal stash. 


Originally I tried using one of the heart-shaped wireframes from Dollar Tree, but I couldn't keep the heart shape as I added the mesh around the form. 

Once I finished with the red mesh base, I cut 6" strips of thin white mesh (from my stash) and the 1-1/2" ribbon, twisting them together and then adding them throughout the wreath, tying them in using more red pipe cleaners.  



For the main ribbon, I made one loose bow with the 2-1/2" ribbon, then tied another finished bow using the 1-1/2" inside of the larger bow. 


I added the heart picks under the bow and used a pipe cleaner to tie on my V initial for personalization.  



Because I am a perfectionist, it took me longer than maybe most crafters, but once finished, I was quite pleased and will use it again next year.

If you have not yet tried one of these wreaths, give it a try! They are easy and materials are normally carried at the Dollar Tree, or inexpensively at other stores like Walmart.  

0 Comments