A couple years ago, I was privileged to be on The Memory Nest blog design team. Once we started homeschooling, I did not re-apply, but I miss designing for Leslie's sketch challenges.  Sketches are the hardest for me, but I appreciate how it forces me to think outside the box and try something new.

It was satisfying to finish a couple layouts to post in Leslie's "Make it Monday" summer challenge series using the Echo Park "Homegrown" Collection that was sitting in my stash.

HG87016 Homegrown Collection Kit F

I specifically purchased it to document my new backyard vegetable and flower gardens.


Not that my gardens are spectacular, but since I do not have a green thumb, 
anything that stays alive should be documented.

Ahem.

Here is the sketch from Make it Monday #69, along with my design.  



I originally finished the layout with photos without white borders. 
It just seemed as though something didn't work. Reprinting the photos with 
borders make the layout easier on the eye.  

In my opinion.  


Watch the process in the video below and I'll explain the reason for my strange contraptions over my plants. Also see a complete list of products used over in my gallery at Scrapbook.com.  


Tomorrow I will share another completed challenge from The Memory Nest.  
(I know you absolutely cannot wait, right?)  In the meantime, I hope you will check out Leslie's blog, give her some love, and complete this challenge for yourself. The deadline is September 4.

0 Comments