I'm back to share my second challenge entry for The Memory Nest blog Summer Sketch Challenges.

Say that three times fast.

Again I am using the Echo Park "Homegrown" Collection I purchased earlier this year with the purpose of documenting my new gardens.

This layout is showing off my prize-winning tomatoes.


Well, not prize winning.

But tomatoes.

Growing, alive tomatoes.

So, Winning.

This sketch challenge was tougher than the one I shared yesterday.  However, I tried to look past the actual structure of the sketch and think a little outside the box.

Here is the sketch from Make it Monday #70:


There is white space.  Does "white space" on a layout scare you? Just a little? It does me.

It's just out there. Empty.

But once I got going, this layout came together quickly:


That little pocket? It's from Basic Grey "Herbs & Honey" Collection. I actually came across a package of these at Tuesday Morning. Bonus. 


To see the process, watch the video below where I also tell the tale of my garden predator. 

Also see a complete list of products used over in my gallery at Scrapbook.com.  I hope you will also give it a "thumbs up" if you visit.  


If you need some fresh challenges to get the mojo flowing, I hope you will check out Leslie's blog, give her some love, and complete this challenge for yourself. The deadline is September 4.

0 Comments