Every time you turn around, there is a new trend in scrapbooking.  This shows that really creative people are involved in this industry.

Obviously.

However, we scrapbookers can get so excited about the new trends, designs, and techniques, that we can forget about we have done in "the past."

But that doesn't mean that those past trends, designs, and techniques are not worth using again.

I am more of what you would probably call a traditional scrapbooker. I definitely follow the trends, but I normally don't do a lot of mixed media or time consuming artsy techniques.

But I really do like to play with paper. New paper. Old paper.

For this layout, I combine new with the old. There is some background stamping with an old stamp from Glitz Design and aging in the corners and sides of the card stock background paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I also brought out the flowers, gems, and tickets you don't see too much on layouts lately.  Adding new to the layout was paper from the My Mind's Eye "Fancy That" 6 x 6 paper pad.

image from http://s3.amazonaws.com/hires.aviary.com/k/mr6i2hifk4wxt1dp/15010809/2df60e80-beee-4e08-a360-e4bafafdd3e2.png

The collection is from 2015, but it was "new" to my local Michael's store and new to me too. I loved the soft colors and gold foiling, so I had to grab it. 

Because. 40% off coupon.

The trendy art deco design of the paper, plus the "old" items and techniques made a great combination for this heritage layout:


The photo is the bridal portrait of my beautiful grandmother, who was married in September 1926.  No longer with us, as this photo was taken 90 years ago.  Hard to imagine.  

The photo is a digital reprint of the original which I scanned and printed with my Canon Selphy.  I also have my grandparents' wedding portrait, which I plan to use for a matching page.  

This is one of my new favorite layouts.  



Head over to your time capsule and find a great photo, something old and something new (even something borrowed and something blue if you want) and get another page completed for your family album, or display in a wall frame. (That's what I plan to do.)

There is a process video, which you can watch here.  In the end, I share more details of what was added to this layout.  


0 Comments