Y'all.

I cried while making this video.

#Truth.

Not while actually creating the layout, but while I was doing the narration.

I started reminiscing.  Bad move on my part.

My oldest is 19 and this is the latest page for his birthday album. THE album which is the record of all his birthdays from age 2.

(Let me go on the record, in case you think I'm a crazy parent for not taking photos of my firstborn child's first birthday. Said birthday photos are currently in his official baby book. Hope I'm off the hook now!)

As I narrate, I begin sharing that after adding this latest layout to his album, I realized how this kid has grown and that this could be his last birthday at home.

I'm keepin' it real.

Anyway -- you don't hear me blubbering in the video, but it still may be a cry for therapy.

However, I do talk about the layout process.  From beginning the layout one way, I end up changing it two more times until I come up with this final creation:


The stamp sets shown in the video are: "Stylized Birthday" (#141828) and "Number of Years"   (#140653).  The coordinating dies for the stamp set are the Large Numbers Framelits Dies (#140622).  New in this year's catalog is a matching alpha set, "Letters for You" (#141968) and coordinating Framelits (#141712) which is on my wish list.  

I forget to mention in the video, but even though the Stylized Birthday stamp is only available as a wood mounted stamp, I use it unmounted. Instead of mounting it on the wood block, I just put the provided sticker on the back of the rubber stamp and it sticks to an acrylic block. 

Voila.

To see the whole process, you can watch the video:



Meanwhile, I'm off to call a good therapist.  

0 Comments