Each month, I look forward to what's inside my Paper Pumpkin box. Sometimes there are spoilers online, but I will never look at the spoilers until I get my own box!


As a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you probably already know that your creativity isn't limited to following the directions in the kit! (But of course, how it's originally designed is perfect too!)  Just visit Pinterest to see the unique projects that demonstrators are developing with their kits.  

Wait.

You are reading this and you are NOT a Paper Pumpkin subscriber? Well, let's fix that right now.  Go to the Paper Pumpkin website with this link and subscribe now to try next month's box! Subscribe by the 10th and you will get the August box!  

Okay. Back to the post. 

That is what I have done with the July kit.  Here is the original kit project:


These darling little gems are perfect for adding a treat or candy and giving them to your BFFs.  But I also envisioned something else I could make with these gems: 


These boxes with the tassels make unique and colorful Christmas ornament for the tree1 Filled with wrapped holiday candy, they can be hung on the tree for party guests!  For the tag, I used the
poinsettia stamp from the "Reason for the Season" set (in the 2015 Holiday catalog, but re-released in the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog!).

It was not difficult to fussy-cut the poinsettia, and foam adhesive to pop it up on the circle tag provided dimension.

Next, I decided to try cards. With the stamp set in the kit, the small gem stamp is very easy to fussy-cut so I could add dimension to this lovely birthday card. The sentiment and gems were embossed with gold embossing powder. The paper is the new Melon Mambo cardstock and the new "Pop of Pink" DSP from the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog! 



Once I got this card finished, I had an idea for another! The layout is similar, and I used the same papers, but I changed the gems and sentiment by using silver embossing powder. 



Don't be afraid to change it up and make something different from your Paper Pumpkin kit -- and like me -- use the stamp set for future cards!

Like these cards? Pin now to make later! 

0 Comments